Women can join the Junior League of Topeka at any time as a Provisional Member! During this time, you will learn about our organization, how we operate, the various ways you can become involved in JLT and our community, and what aspects of League interest you.
The Provisional Member experience is focused on hands-on learning, networking and training to allow you to thrive as a member of JLT from the moment you join. You will be paired with an Active member to be your Guide and help you navigate this Provisional Experience.
Provisional Member Fee:
Membership dues are prorated based on when you join.
- June 1st-August 31st: 100% of dues collected ($260)
- Sept 1st-Nov 30th: 75% of dues collected ($195)
- Dec 1st-Feb 28th/29th: 50% of dues collected ($130)
- March 1st-May 31st: 25% of dues collected ($65)
Provisional Member Orientation:
Provisional members must complete the following requirements within one year of joining. This program is designed to be flexible and completed based on the availability and convenience of the Provisional. A Guide is assigned upon joining to help navigate the Provisional orientation, begin development of a network and to act as a resource.
- Complete onboarding session with Provisional Guide
- Attend a Super Saturday (3-4 throughout the year): This fun event introduces JLT community partners, allows you opportunity to interact/socialize with your Provisional Guide and Active members.
- Attend two separate council meetings
- Complete the self-guided learning requirements on Digital Cheetah: This collection of short videos introduces key elements of JLT such as our parent organization; AJLI, and other videos to help familiarize yourself with JLT operations.
- Attend a board meeting (virtual or in-person)
- Attend 5 general membership meetings
Upon completion of these requirements you will transition to an Active Member.